The Keep Well Hub
The scheme is designed for people who are at risk of heart disease due to an inactive lifestyle or health condition, this includes high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke (TIA), high cholesterol, COPD, overweight, smoker, family history of CVD or Long Covid. Here's more information why the Keep Well Scheme could be for you?
The scheme operates within the Bournemouth Heart Club, and is the safest place to exercise whilst dealing with the aftermath of the Covid pandemic. You do not need to live in Dorset or West Hampshire to join the Keep Well Scheme, it is open to residents from all locations.
How can physical activity help me?
Increasing the amount of physical activity and improving your lifestyle can make enormous improvements to your health and wellbeing. It’s medically proven that people who do regular physical activity have:*
Up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
Up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
Up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
Up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
Up to a 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
Up to a 30% lower risk of depression
Up to a 30% lower risk of dementia
Improved recovery and less risk of death from Covid 19
Unfortunately busy modern life does not encourage physical activity. Many of us have sedentary jobs, use transport to get around, and relax in front of the TV or computer. It is never too late to start exercising and get fit. This could be your opportunity to do so in friendly, safe surroundings.
The Keep Well Hub
- An initial assessment and testing of your health and fitness, carried out by specialist trained staff.
- A personal gym exercise plan based upon your current health and fitness.
- An exercise programme of 2 gym visits weekly for 10 weeks. Times to be agreed with you and can be longer than 10 weeks.
- An opportunity to exercise alongside likeminded others who have the same goals.
- Close supervision by a BACPR qualified exercise instructor, who will give you personal advice and assistance.
- Information sessions on adopting a healthy lifestyle (including diet and fitness), given by medically trained staff.
- A final assessment and test of your health and fitness, to highlight improvements.
- The opportunity for your partner (spouse / friend) to attend with you, providing you with support (and to benefit themselves).
What do I do now?
Once you have completed the form, please return forward to;
The Keep Well Hub Bournemouth Heart Club, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Castle Lane East, Bournemouth BH7 7DW
Tel: 0300 019 4522 / 0300 019 4523
Or via Email to: email@example.com
On receipt of your application we will contact you to arrange a convenient time for you to attend a comprehensive health assessment.
“Exercise can be fun and also help to prevent future heart disease. Regular exercise can make a big difference to our lives.”
Quote from our Patron, Graeme Souness former International Footballer, Club Manager and now Broadcaster.